This 3rd floor waterside room has the best river and harbor views in the inn that extend down to Pennington’s Point. One of the first schooners to be built in Mays Landing was called the License captained by John Pennington, who along with his family, lived across the river at a place known to this day as Pennington’s Point. On a return trip from the West Indies, the License carried a costly cargo of sugar and molasses, which was off loaded and stored on the “high banks of the river next to Babcock’s Creek”. That knoll, on which the Inn now sits, has been called “Sugar Hill” since that time.
This 3rd floor room has lofted ceilings with gables, queen size brass bed, a restored 1800’s double shelved & mirrored fireplace mantle with a tiled surround and electric stove, central air conditioning, large private bath with tub/shower and deluxe bathroom amenities, large flat screen TV, Wi-Fi plus secured hard wired high speed internet access. Its larger size can accommodate a third guest with our made up portable cot (additional fee).